Viscount Calah (fiancé)
Lilith Calah (stepdaughter)
Volume 1 (Chapter 3)
Prelude Strip #245
Tinsel has a mammalian-like form, having mostly red fur with light-colored highlights above her eye-lines, around her mouth, and going down her body from the chin down to the bottom of her feet. She has an abnormally long light-pink tail, long-purple hair that appears to be constantly conditioned, and red eyes. Her hair-style and other features will often change depending on her mood or her current sense in fashion.Tinsel tends to dress up in mostly skimpy/revealing clothing, while rarely wearing anything decent.
To most people she presents herself to, Tinsel is shown to be a sultry seductress, using her political status, beauty and charm to woe people over to her side. She does this in order to get away with various actions that occur behind everyone's back as her vicious ambitions help in her goals, mostly for personal gain while also to fulfill the wishes of the Nightmare.
As part of her image as an idol, she takes her beauty to be the highlight of her well-being, thus allowing herself to show as much of her body as much as she can; even extending to merchandise that would otherwise seem inappropriate to children while otherwise mostly showing off in magazines. Of course since receiving a blemish from Nabonidus for attempting to sabotage his plans she has tried to hide that little detail. She continually dresses up in various, if not outlandish, clothing that will garner attention from the masses as a way to stay fresh and relevant. Her professional range as an idol has her shown as a music diva so it's likely she is somewhat talented.
Tinsel can be seen as heartless, cold and cruel as a result; as she is very willing to completely shut out her own daughter from her life just to have what she wants, keeping the very secret of her birth from her and Lilith to ensure it. As part of her cruel demeanor, she can be quite ruthless to people she despises to the point where if in a non-public area, she will resort to murder; as shown when she tried to kill Lilith and Namah in the Viscount's private quarters and when she threatened Muliebral with her Power if she told anyone about her. Given how she mentions how she can get away with it or how no one could find her victim's bodies, it can be implied that with her connections to the Nightmares then that would explain their disappearances.
While Tinsel isn't against doing things herself, she will often have others do all the work for her; often having Wisp assist her in her endeavors due to her manic nature and Power. This makes it easier to carry out deeds outside of the tower, at the risk at upsetting Nabonidus, who she has a slight fear of given his abilities.
In the year 1212 A.D., at the age of 17 she was known to have an affair with would-be former Viscount Liddo and before he could end it she broke the news out to the media, effectively starting her music career. Some time after, under the guide of Nabonidus in her pursuit of power, she would seduce Calah, after he had entered office, and she would end up producing his second daughter, Namah. She used her as a bargaining chip to ensure she stays in control, essentially blackmailing Calah into getting her what she wanted. As part of the process, she would end up removing his first wife through unknown means.
Power and Abilities
Weaponized Hair: Tinsel's Power involves being able to manipulate her long hair in a variety of ways as a means of attacking. She seems to have much experience with this power, having possessed it for at least six years, and she has displayed many feats involving her hair. Troika lists her Power as a self-alteration type.
- Elongated Hair: The most standard use of her hair is being able to extend it across vast distances, either out of it already being long naturally or through her Power creating more. As the primary ability of her Power, she can do just about anything that her Power allows.
- Burning Hair: Tinsel has shown the ability to cause her hair to burn whoever she ensnares, which can cause a decent amount of pain to the target. This was first used against Lilith when she went to confront her and Namah after they learned her secret plans.
- Sharp Properties: Tinsel is also capable of making her hair tendrils incredibly sharp to the point where it can cut or shred clothing, as well as cut or puncture skin if she wanted to. She first used it against Lilith and nearly killed her with it.
- Enhanced Mobility: In addition to her Power enhancing her normal capabilities, her hair enables her better movement as she can push herself anywhere she wants or even climb places she normally couldn't get to using her incredibly strong hairs.
Hand-to-hand Combatant: While mainly a ranged fighter, Tinsel is fully capable of defending herself in close-range, with her Power adding more to her battle capabilities even then.
Great Power Intensity: According to Troika's findings on her after her capture, they determined that the intensity of her Power is 2, however the report was unsure so chances are it might be higher than reported. As her Power can cause her hair to even burn others, it would help show how much skill and control she has overall.
- To date, Tinsel has been a Dark Dreamkeeper for as long as she was in her late teens, so far the longest of any named Dreamkeeper. She would likely have been the third youngest Dreamkeeper to become one after Wisp and Randy, given their age.
- "Why is everyone but me inept."
|Advanced||Nabonidus • Scuttler • Tendril|
|Primitive||Sandman • Smiley|
|Members||Antioch • Haeginsworth • O'Naicul • Ravat • Scythe • Tinsel Nanaja • Vox • Wisp|
|In Malangi||Sandman (numerous) • Smiley|
|Tower Guards||Bill (former) • Damon (former) • Stiletto • Woods (former)|
|Scrollcasters||Boore • Dar Bersow • Rick Zinger|
|Teachers||Crimp • Hallworth|
|Other||Liddo • Muliebral|
|Politicians||Naresh • Tinsel Nanaja|
|Academy Students||Ashleybelle • Evzen • Leslieanna • Stacephanie • Triffany|
|Regular||Jeneviv † • Kalei • Lilith Calah • Namah Calah • Randy (former) • Tallahassee|
|Pets||Cuddles • Diligence|